Date : 27th February 2018

Feb 26th   Critical artists making critical art for critical audiences?  (Ben Fitton)

The subject of the lecture was very interesting and it really got my big brain washing the dishes resulting in a few new ideas , im afraid Ben Fitton couldn’t help himself constantly impregnate me with his political penis throughout which distracted from the subject at my hand and screamed unprofeshionalitly in my small minded opinion .

i don’t mind political preferences in a talk but when its so one sided and constantly unessasy it gets tedious.

here are my notes from it in the blue biro writing .

i shall run through key notes on this page above my head 

on the left hand page at the bottom i write (how do you mesure if its good or not if there is no definition) for this i was referencing to what modern art is , it struck me in a convosation the other day that their does kind of need to be a clear definition of what art is so we can decide what good art is and what bad art is.  Thats why every one is alway arguing what their definition of art is (i mention down in the blog that i was confused why every one was arguing about what art is).

my answer would be : 

like many things in this world things have moved from the material to immaterial , with art this is from asthetic to concept , a good well thoughtout concept and idea holds greater value than a pretty picture . this brings me back to the subject that is why it is essential to crit and discuss the concepts behind peices as this is where we will decide whether its good or not .

this is where my first stronger idea came from 

on the second page half way down i have an idea with a . big biro star. i front of it . 

the idea is that instead of allowing people to discuss what it could be about and draw their own experiences into the piece i want to ignore the influence of the viewer and literally tell them what to think in plain basic black and white english esacltly what the work is about , dont give them any thought to think other than yourself. of course this is a paradox because they will think about the concept behind having the plak behind the work telling them what to think, that is where i shall adress this issue and tell them not to think about the concept behind the plac as their is none. 

the diagram above this is how many people where not listening and on their phones manly on instgram scrolling and how many people left before the questions at the end the irony is is that as i was making this i wasnt listening so i have a cross.

my second idea is on the third page below . this one im not as keen on as i feel many people have done it before me but its simply just to write my ideas and not make as to write can also be to claim … this i dont hink is thatstrong because i feel when exicuting your work many benfits can happen. 

this lectrue was an essentiual partv of internal research , as i didnt listen to much as i was thinking and writing down ideas as i absorbed areas of the talking when it cam up .