Date : 31st October 2017

ye cracking leca-tit-ture by Andrew Chesher,

POINT A.

ye cracking leca-tit-ture by Andrew Chesher, Oct 30th  Material and Dematerialisation . The lecture looked at the emerging Conceptual art in the late 1960s and early 1970s , it was bang on the nail into the wood  for my train of thought i had earlier in the day which i wrote down in my last blog post ‘bruce lacy is a simple man.’ where i was exploring what makes art art and not just any old thing , i came to the conclusion it was the gallery walls whether its in the mind or literally the gallery walls. 

POINT 1.

i find i have most my ideas in lectures , while listening and analysing artist work im constantly subcontisly linking it back to my work or how i could create something better . i feel this comes from a part of me where i aspire to be the best but know im definitely not there yet but have the potential , when i see good work i think how could i do that better or in my own way slash style.i felt this linked to andrews refrence to an air guitar essay i plan to read. 

POINT 2.

while looking at artits like Long it really cracked me open thinking about minamalist conceptual sculpture looking at a journey as a sculpture and the product just a foot note to open the window to see the sculpture . but what really got me excited is on and idea like alÿs where is the art ? for him it was in what he called the Rumor which was essentially just the story people told about the work “have you seen that artist that slided that ice block through the city’ its inspired me for new peice im going to do in secret.

As i said in POINT 1. i have most my ideas in my lecture on of which links into POINT A. The idea is that im going to build a small gallery big enough for me to carry with a bar in the middle enabling me to pick it up from the inside and walk it round place it on top of something like a crisp packet or a cone or a collection of rubber bands  and force my self to write about the piece as if it had ben placed in a gallery by a highly intelligent successful conceptual artist , i plan to film it from the inside using a gopro.

aesthetically i want it to look like harrison and wood videos which i will attach in the bottom with the sketch i did in the lecture and the more detailed one i did from home .